Join the HITS team!
HITS looks to recruit and retain only the best and brightest. As a service-disabled veteran company, we offer hiring preference to qualified veterans. If you like to work with emerging technologies, to use your unique personal skills to solve technical, functional, and organizational issues, and can easily adapt to the ever- changing health IT market, then HITS is the place for you! We are a vibrant small company delivering services & custom applications development. If you don’t see an open position that fits your skills, but believe that you would be a valuable asset to our team, send your resume to our team!
HITS utilizes the E-Verify program with every potential new hire. If you need to familiarize yourself with this program, here is a sample display: E-Verify Participation Poster
Uncompromising in our quality of service, HITS is committed to the mix of seasoned professionals and new talent that make that possible. Our expanding competitive benefits allow you to provide for yourself and your family while facilitating your professional development.
- Life, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Employer contribution towards monthly health insurance deductibles.
- Utilization bonus and overtime payment paid quarterly for eligible employees.
Java SW Engineer
Start – March 2021
Location: Fairfax, VA
HITS is looking to hire a mid-level Java Software Engineer as part of a team tasked with the development and sustainment of web database application for a U.S. Defense Agency. The Java Software Engineer will work with other team members (Sr. and Mid-level developers, business analysts, testers, DBAs) to design, develop and implement solutions, document and/or present technical aspects of solutions and support testing and validation of applications.
The ideal candidate should possess very solid experience in software design & development of web-based database applications. They must have experience in Agile development methodologies and support a team through the sprint process. They must understand DoD cybersecurity requirements and must have an active Secret clearance to be considered for the position.
Core Responsibilities / Duties
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support, and maintain complex Java applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Work with development team to ensure consistency in processes and completion of deliverables among team members.
Additional Responsibilities / Duties
- Assist in project planning and architectural design reviews.
- Mentoring of other developers on programming issues.
- Exhibit leadership in cross-functional development practices and application ownership.
Education Requirements: BS in Computer Science or related field
Certification Requirements: Security+ or comparable certification required
Overall and Specific Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years’ Java development experience
Minimum Required Skills / Minimum Qualifications
- Strong experience in delivering enterprise solutions with Spring framework using Spring Boot, JDBC, Security and MVC
- Extensive experience developing and consuming REST webservices and working in a micro-service environment
- Mid-level knowledge of Git, JDBC, SQL, database-stored procedures, and isolation levels, JPA, SOAP, REST and XML
- Secret clearance
- Very good communication skills
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Nice to Have Skills / Preferred Qualifications
Experience with Agile, Angular, Dynatrace, Cassandra or ELK a plus